If you’ve been to a hotel or takeaway, chances are you’ve seen some of the duties of a waitress. These are the people who are waiting for you when you want something to eat that is not at home. He or she is at your disposal to take your order and deliver it on time. It’s easy to take waitresses for granted and assume they don’t work a lot until you get into the specifics of their job. This article covers some of the qualifications you may need to become a great waitress in Kenya. You may be wondering if their salary is worth it. Read on to find out more.
Everyone loves to eat out now and then. In those days when you are not ready or ready to cook food around the house, probably because you are tired or just feel like you need someone else’s food, the restaurant is a great option. The kind of service you get from the waitress who serves you will encourage you to come back again. Check out these waitress duties below to really appreciate them.
A Friend’s Duties in a Relationship: 15 Things You Should Do.
ALSO READ: Administrative Assistant Job Description and Salary in Kenya
Waitress jobs in Nairobi
As a busy city, it can be assumed that the easiest way to find a job as a waitress is likely to be the easiest. This may be true in some cases, but it depends on where you want to work. To be a waiter and waitress requires a hat of service. The fact that you are dealing with people requires that you be receptive and welcoming. It doesn’t matter how they feel as they will likely go after you while they wait for their food. Hence, you need to understand the duties of a waitress before applying.
As a waiter or waitress, these are some of the things you expect to work perfectly. These are the most common duties and responsibilities of a waitress. They include:
- Explain the menu to customers on request. You should be able to tell what the ingredients are in the food and how it was prepared.
- You need to be familiar with the ins and outs of each day. This is necessary when the customer requests recommendations
- Cleanliness of the dishes and utensils with which you serve the food.
- Serve food exactly as ordered without mixing orders or making other mistakes.
- Help clients when needed, even if it’s not a hotel.
- Attend regular training to update your service delivery.
- In addition to serving drinks, present and open to guests.
- Review guests to ensure their maximum satisfaction.
- Prepare bills properly and help guests get cash register payments on request.
- Follow the restaurant manager’s instructions and task instructions.
List of New WhatsApp Features You May Have Missed In 2019
ALSO READ: Kenya Sales Representative Job Description & Salary
Qualifications of a waitress
In addition to knowing what roles to play, you need to make sure that you are qualified to serve as a waitress anywhere in Kenya. Below are some of the general requirements.
- You need to have the right attitude for the job.
- At least have a decent dining experience.
- You need to be flexible, especially if the restaurant is open 24/7 as you may have to work shifts.
- Training from a reputable college is an asset.
- Be organized.
- Have excellent communication skills.
ALSO READ: Roles of a Manager in an Organization
Job vacancies for waitresses
With new restaurants popping up all over Kenya, finding a waiter job isn’t very difficult, especially if you don’t want to work in a 5 star hotel. If you are familiar with a local restaurant, make sure you meet the requirements outlined above. The payment also depends on your employer and the traffic of the restaurant as this determines the profit and therefore the pay of the workers. If you are interested in such a job, then most employers will willingly part with Ksh. 15,000 per month. Big hotels pay up to Ksh. 50,000. However, since there aren’t many academic qualifications required, this is a great opportunity to make some extra cash, especially if you want to work part-time.
How do I prepare for an interview?
Once you understand what a waitress does, you can easily submit the necessary applications for the job. Look at the restaurant you work for and decide whether or not you live up to their ideals. Working as a waiter can be fun, especially if you get used to it and especially if you love serving others.
ALSO READ: Ethical Theories in Business
Subscribe to watch new videos
Source: Tuko News