The summer transfer window is closed for the top leagues in Europe! After a summer of international football, countless clubs waited until the last minute to make their transfers. Check out all the major deals here and see how we rated the biggest signings. But just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors don’t get any further.
TOP STORY: Man Utd becomes Leeds Phillips
Long associated with West Ham United Declan rice, Manchester United is now turning its attention to Leeds United Kalvin Phillips, according to The Daily Star.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made signing a midfielder a priority in the transfer market, but the Red Devils have ditched the idea of signing Rice after a nearly year-long ordeal, with Vice Chairman Ed Woodward having concerns about the Hammers’ £ 90m valuation .
This has led them to look elsewhere, and with Liverpool supposedly favorites to bring on another English star Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund’s Phillips is United’s latest consideration.
You might have a fight, however, to convince Phillips to leave Elland Road to join them, especially since he’s a born Leeds fan. He also has a contract that runs until 2024 and is worth roughly £ 60million.
But United have attracted Leeds stars like Eric Cantona, Rio Ferdinand and Alan Smith, though a Phillips exit would likely be among the most hurtful departures from Elland Road.
Will Kalvin Phillips be the next player to jump from Leeds to Manchester? Andrew Matthews / PA Images via Getty Images
– ESPN + guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily to ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
– Ajax Amsterdam has contacted the representatives of FC Dallas Youngster Ricardo Pepisays journalist Chris Smith. The 18-year-old has shown prominence in Major League Soccer, scoring 12 goals and two assists in 24 games, scoring one goal and adding two assists in his international debut for the United States.
– Liverpool show interest in signing the Sampdoria winger Mikkel Damsgaardas reported by Calciomercato. However, there will likely be competition for the 21-year-old as Internazionale and Juventus also look to the Danish international who impressed at Euro 2020.
– In an interview with Diario Sport, Alejandro Grimaldo admitted he envisions returning to Barcelona at some point as the 26-year-old prepares to face them with Benfica. When asked if he was considering returning to Camp Nou, the left-back said: “I thought when I left it was a goodbye, not a goodbye. I was there for eight years. I am very happy at Benfica, I feel important here. But it is clear that Barcelona is my home and I love it very much. “
– AS Roma coach Jose Mourinho wants a new midfielder and Tottenham Hotspurs Tanguy Ndombele could be the right man, according to Calciomercato. It’s believed that they want someone with athleticism and that the Frenchman is seen as a good fit – although his contract with Spurs runs until 2025.
– Barcelona start work on a new contract for Ansu Fati, said Diario Sport, with the 18-year-old scoring a goal on a triumphant return from a knee injury that lasted 10 months. His last renewal was signed in December 2019, and there is a realization that his elevated status within the club means they must make an effort to review the agreement.