The January broadcast window may seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumor mill has shut down! The speculation about summer movements is heating up. So check out the latest gossip below and check out all the official offers here.
TOP STORY: Spurs, Gunners are running for Kokcu
Tottenham Hotspur are set to battle north London derby rivals Arsenal to sign the Feyenoord midfielder Orkun Kokcuas reported in the Daily Mail.
– Insider Notebook: Raiola’s Roadshow in Haaland
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– ESPN + viewer guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more
The 20-year-old was a long-term goal for the Gunners who tried to win him in the summer of 2020.
There may be questions about Jose Mourinho’s future, but Spurs’ recruiting staff believe that the Turkish national team midfielder is someone who can help them move forward regardless of who is in charge.
It is even believed that Spurs has communicated with Kokcu representatives to register their interest and will be keeping an eye out for updates on his future. The report also states that Brexit shouldn’t hinder the deal as the midfielder is a regular at Feyenoord and also represents his nation.
A return of three goals and two assists this season might not sound like much, but the youngster has stood out for Feyenoord at times this season. He was on the Eredivisie Team of the Month in February and March and was also named Young Player of the Month in March.
The 20-year-old has shown some noticeable performances this season, especially in the 6-0 win against VVV Venlo.
It now appears that he will have two options if he is to continue his development in North London.
– Tottenham Hotspur and Barcelona both show interest in signing the Bayern Munich center-back Jerome Boatengas suggested by Christian Falk. The German’s contract with Bayern expires this summer and it has been publicly announced that there will be no renewal, which means the clubs will try to get the 32-year-old signed for free.
– Wolverhampton Wanderers hope to be able to use Patrick Cutrone under a contract to sign the Valencia winger Goncalo Guedesas reported by Football Insider. Cutrone is on loan for the Spanish team, and while Wolves has been interested in his 24-year-old teammate for at least a month, it is only now being suggested that the Italian could go the other way on a permanent basis.
– – Mauro IcardiThe agents have taken steps to get the Argentine away from Paris Saint-Germain while the club stands ready to let him go, L’Equipe reports. This news follows Caclciomercato’s suggestion that the 28-year-old could be used as part of a swap deal to attract Juventus man Paulo Dybala.
– Galatasaray have offered left-backs to Crystal Palace Patrick van Aanholt a three-year contract to join in the summer, as reported by Sky Sports. The 30-year-old Dutchman’s current contract ends in the summer, which means he will be free to leave. The Turkish side is trying to take advantage of the situation by now negotiating a deal with the player’s agents.