The summer transfer window is closed for the top leagues in Europe! After a summer of international football, countless clubs waited until the last minute to make their transfers. Check out all the major deals here and see how we rated the biggest signings. But just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors don’t get any further.
TOP STORY: Man Utd has insider track for Bellingham
Manchester United are in pole position to sign the youngster from Borussia Dortmund Jude Bellingham, after the sun.
The report says the Red Devils’ attempts to impress the midfielder began before his move from Birmingham City to the Bundesliga club, which laid the groundwork for a future move to Old Trafford.
The teenager received great special treatment back in April 2020 when Sir Alex Ferguson took him and his family on a tour of United’s training ground, while Ole Gunnar Solskjaer also spent time with him trying to convince him to join United.
While Bellingham moved to Dortmund over the lure of being able to play straight away, it is believed that the treatment he received made a lasting impression on the 18-year-old.
Bellingham certainly had this season to impress in the Bundesliga and Champions League until he is now England international.
Those performances also mean Man United aren’t the only big club looking to sign Bellingham as Chelsea and Manchester City are watching them too.
It was previously reported that any club that wants to get him would have to pay at least 100 million euros.
If United are willing to pay that, their past behavior regarding Bellingham could work in their favor.
– ESPN + guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Dortmund vs. Union Berlin: Stream LIVE 9/19 on ESPN + (USA)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
Jude Bellingham has become one of the top transfer destinations for English clubs. TUR / BSR Agency / Getty Images
– Internazionale are looking into the possibility of a Manchester United midfielder move in January Donny van de Beekas reported by Calciomercato. They hope to negotiate a loan agreement with repayment rights. The Dutchman has struggled to get playing time since moving from Ajax Amsterdam to Old Trafford and the Scudetto winners even thought of checking in last January. There won’t be a chance of a deal if he joins the team, but that seems unlikely at the moment.
– Crystal Palace shows interest in signing the Orlando City SC striker Daryl Dike, but are put off by the £ 18 million price tag, according to Sun. The United Stats player impressed on his loan to Barnsley this season, scoring three goals and one assist in eight games since returning to Major League Soccer. However, Palace is looking for someone who can grow into the team instead of starting right away and feel that Orlando’s requirements do not suit someone with this status.
– After Juventus beat AC Milan to sign Kaio Jorge, Tuttosport says the two Italian giants could see another battle for the Fiorentina frontman Dusan Vlahovic. La Viola is asking for at least € 40million for the Serb, which was too much for both sides over the summer, but both could pay for it next year. However, that price could continue to rise if it impresses again during this tenure.
– Southampton targets Hull Citys Keane Lewis-Potterafter her top scout looked for him last week and plans to monitor him for the rest of the year, according to Sun. The Saints are in the domestic bargain market and it is suggested that the Tigers may have to fire him for the funds in January or summer.
– Ferencvaros have announced that they have signed the 32-year-old attacking midfielder and winger Marko Marin. The former German international has represented Chelsea, Sevilla FC, Werder Bremen and Anderlecht in his career.