The January transfer window seems like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumor mill has shut down! The speculation about summer movements is heating up. So check out the latest gossip below and check out all the official offers here.
TOP STORY: Man City accompanies Chelsea in pursuit of Lukaku
Manchester City have joined the race to bring on the Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku back to the Premier League, so Calciomercato.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– ESPN + Viewers Guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more
The city is looking for a new striker with the impending departure of Sergio Aguero, who is due to leave this summer at the end of his contract.
Aguero has already announced his departure and after Lukaku has scored 27 goals in 40 games this season, City believes they would replace one prolific striker with another. Lukaku has proven himself in England after stints at Everton and Manchester United.
City manager Pep Guardiola is also enthusiastic Erling Haaland and Harry Kane, But Lukaku might be the easiest of the three deals to close.
Inter are likely to play a tough ball as they are unwilling to part ways with their star striker. Club managers have stated that they are not ready to listen to offers for the Belgian 27-year-old.
Another former Lukaku club, Chelsea, have also shown interest and are hoping to bring them back to Stamford Bridge, according to The Sun.
The player himself doesn’t seem ready to return to the Premier League and instead wants to move on to Inter in preparation for his first Serie A title in 11 years.
Would Romelu Lukaku leave Inter Milan to return to the Premier League? Mattia Ozbot / Soccrates / Getty Images
09.58 BST: Villarreal would like to hold on to the loan Tottenham Hotspur defender Juan FoythSources have told ESPN. Foyth, who left the pitch injured in the Europa League’s 2-1 win over Arsenal on Thursday night, is on loan for the entire season and has the option to buy the 23-year-old. Sources told ESPN that manager Unai Emery appreciates the Argentine’s versatility.
Villarreal will also sign Real Betis defender Aissa Mandi to a free transfer when his contract expires. The club plan for the future after Manchester United and Real Madrid raised interest in center-back Pau Torres, as reported earlier today, despite not having received an official offer for the Spanish international.
09.16 BST: Speculation about the future of Tottenham Hotspur Striker Harry Kane, but the Daily Star reports that another of the club’s key men is ready to sign up. Son of Heung-MinThe 28-year-old is under contract until the end of the 2022-23 season and has scored 15 goals and nine assists in the Premier League this season.
Bayern Munich and real Madrid He was believed to be chasing the South Korean international but he will be extending his stint in north London.
8.30 am BST: Manchester United would like to complete the signature of Villarreal Center-back Pau Torres ahead of the start of Euro 2020. The Red Devils are reportedly leading the race to sign the Spanish international who is expected to make up the squad for the competition this summer. real Madrid are also overseeing Torres as a possible signing in case Raphael Varane and Sergio Ramos leave the club.
Torres has made 38 appearances for Villarreal in all competitions. United are reportedly already in advanced talks with Villarreal to land the 24-year-old. Villarreal has imposed a price of 65 million euros on Torres, who has a contract with the Yellow Submarine until June 2024.
🚨⚽ Let @antonmeana know
💸 Manchester United push to finalize Pau Torres signing ahead of the euro
🔜 Other clubs interested in the Spanish headquarters have resigned: “They have come a long way,” they explain @ellarguero
📒 It’s on the Real Madrid agenda pic.twitter.com/6GcaBut6c2
– El Larguero (@ellarguero) April 29, 2021
– – Philippe Coutinho will join Everton this summer for a fee of £ 35 million, reports The Sun. The toffees are said to be so confident of landing the Brazilian that they are already looking for him. Boss Carlo Ancelotti aims to match 28-year-old Coutinho with James Rodriguez, with Coutinho returning to the city at his best. Coutinho has struggled to reach the heights he has enjoyed at Liverpool since leaving the Merseyside club for Barcelona. He then loaned a treble from Bayern Munich, but was denied a permanent transfer due to his injuries.
– Borussia Dortmund have joined the race to sign the defender Ben White of Brighton & Hove Albion, reports The Sun. White is currently overseen by Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United and Arsenal. Brighton is believed to be ready to hear offers of £ 35million for White. However, Dortmund would like to expand its English contingent of Jude Bellingham and Jadon Sancho. White, 23, has played 34 times this season and was one of the Seagulls most formidable players.
– Aston Villa monitored Tammy AbrahamThe situation in which Chelsea are open to the idea of letting the striker leave the club, reports the Daily Mirror. Abraham was a huge hit during a loan match at Villa, where he scored 26 goals in the 2018/19 season. Villa tried to sign Abraham when they returned to the Premier League but the Blues weren’t ready to part with the England international. Now, however, the Blues are said to be ready to listen to offers of £ 40million.
– – Dani Ceballos desperate to return to Spain but not Real Madrid, said AS, as the midfielder is looking to boost his career. The Spanish playmaker seems to rule out a stint at Arsenal and could instead move to either Atletico Madrid or former Real Betis club. What is clear is that Ceballos is careful to avoid further loan movements. The 24-year-old Ceballos wants to settle in a club where he can play an important role. That doesn’t seem to be the case at Real Madrid and so Ceballos is ready to listen to offers from other La Liga clubs.
– – Lionel Messi He has reportedly told Barcelona bosses that he will stay beyond the end of the season, but under certain conditions. According to RTVE, Messi has told new president Joan Laporta that he will stay after being impressed by boss Ronald Koeman. However, Messi has voiced his wish that Barca strive to become a European superpower again. A two-year contract has been discussed, although there is still no official offer.