The European Championship started on June 11th with many participating nations still struggling with new COVID-19 infections and some players not being vaccinated.
The following players are affected by COVID-19: CROATIA
* Ivan Perisic – tested positive on June 26 Croatia will forego Ivan Perisic in the European Championship 2020 round of 16 game against Spain after the 32-year-old winger tested positive for COVID-19.
ENGLAND * Ben Chilwell – Self-isolating on June 21st
* Mason Mount – Self-isolating on June 21st Ben Chilwell and Mason Mount were in self-isolation until June 28th, missing the Czech Republic game after coming into contact with Scottish midfielder Billy Gilmour, who was positive for COVID -19 was tested.
NETHERLANDS * Jasper Cillessen – tested positive on May 28th
The Netherlands removed the goalkeeper of choice from their squad after a positive test, with coach Frank de Boer unwilling to risk how long he will have to recover. PORTUGAL
* Joao Cancelo – tested positive on June 12th The Portuguese defender was banned from Euro 2020 after a positive test and will be replaced by Diogo Dalot before the tournament kicks off against Hungary.
RUSSIA * Andrei Mostovoy – tested positive on June 11
Russia replaced midfielder Andrei Mostovoy in his line-up with defender Roman Yevgenyev after the former’s recent coronavirus test came back with “poor results”. SLOVAKIA
* Denis Vavro – tested positive on June 17th Defender Denis Vavro and one other employee tested positive ahead of the team’s 2020 EURO game against Sweden. Head coach Stefan Tarkovic said both felt fine and had no symptoms.
SPAIN * Sergio Busquets – tested positive on June 6th
Captain Sergio Busquets tested positive eight days before Spain’s first game at Euro 2020 and missed Spain’s opening game against Sweden. Defender Diego Llorente also tested positive five days before the opening game, but returned to the squad’s training camp just days later after testing negative in two more rounds of testing.
SWEDEN * Dejan Kulusevski – tested positive on June 8th
* Mattias Svanberg – tested positive on June 8th Swedish midfielders Dejan Kulusevski and Mattias Svanberg missed the opening game against Spain.
After the first of the two players tested positive, Sweden head coach Janne Andersson said no reserve would be called as he hoped Kulusevski could return to the squad after the Group E opener.
(This story was not edited by Devdiscourse staff and is automatically generated from a syndicated feed.)